What would your advice be for the next generation of young women of color who are thinking about living and working abroad?

What would your advice be for the next generation of young women of color who are thinking about living and working abroad?

chajones
Administrator
Kim Tae-Hee Please don't assume that your voice will be as strong and powerful as it is in the USA! We live in a "free" country, while many foreign countries are stol plagued with racism and are male dominated societies. Keep an open mind and be respectful of the new culture. Lastly, represent colored women in a positive light so we don't perpetuate negative stereotypes and expectations. People are watching us! Go and explore every chance you get!
November 9 at 9:35pm via mobile · Like ·  2

Carolyn Vines Do It!!!!
November 10 at 12:33am · Like ·  1

Jamasian Kiana Christie Learn at least some basic conversation before you go. It really feels good to know that when the locals are pointing and talking about you (although it's rude in their own culture, China) they are actually admiring how beautiful you are, where you're from, or what your style is.
November 10 at 5:03am · Like ·  1

Eve Teacha' Research --- Trust Your Gut ---- Have No Fear ---- Have a PLAN --- Save Money ---- Invest ---- Make Connections ---- Learn ---- Grow ---- Stay Positive ---- BE FLEXIBLE (bend to the culture and have some understanding about the culture) ---- BE LOVING (Always) ---- ENJOYYYYYY, LIVE and GIVE BACK as much as you can!!!!!!!! ;)
November 11 at 1:59pm · Like ·  2

Nithoska Anderson Maintain your standards, values, and morals...always identify yourself with your roots & culture...yet be willing to be open minded to others & their way of life to allow your stay in the foreign country to be pleasant :-)
November 12 at 12:02pm · Like ·  4

Stephanie Brown Don't be afraid! People live and prosper every where.
November 12 at 1:17pm · Like ·  5

Terrell Pasley Change is good.
November 12 at 6:19pm · Like

Aakhu TuahNera Freeman Do it! We all need to get out more.
November 12 at 6:21pm · Like ·  1
Ms. Cha Jones (Seoul)