What are the Pro's and Con's of bringing along family members?

What are the Pro's and Con's of bringing along family members?

chajones
Administrator
Copied from our FB group:

Marian D. Willis original question:
Hello Ladies, I had another question for those willing to answer. Has anyone brought along a family member, children, or anybody come stay with you long term while you were abroad? What was your experience? Pros or Cons? I've been the first in my fam to do alot of things (you can probably relate) and experiencing traveling abroad is something I want my little sister to have as well. Any and all advice is welcome as always!

Answer:
Ngozi Fuller My sister took her daughter to S. Korea with her. One thing that she said she had to consider was how her daughter would be able to handle the culture shock. While some are ok out side of their comfort zones many others don't have as great an experience when faced with the adjustments of living abroad.
Ms. Cha Jones (Seoul)

Re: What are the Pro's and Con's of bringing along family members?

tmyers3
My husband and sons were with me in Korea for 3 years, and my sons are currently here with me in China while my husband is away--the main concern I had for them is school but I homeschool them so I make it a point that they have a healthy social life and are learning the proper subjects. I now think I wouldn't have it any other way. I really see no cons, or at least I try to firgure out alternative to them, there are advantages and disadvantages applied to most big decisions we make.