What FEARS did you have to remove before you could actually take the leap and move abroad?

What FEARS did you have to remove before you could actually take the leap and move abroad?

chajones
Administrator
Krystal Hampton I had only one fear: If I did decide to sell my home and my car for a new life abroad will this life overseas tank? Will I be left with nothing? Is the risk of losing it all worth seeing the world? I decided to take the plunge because my wealth was "implied". I didn't own my home, the bank owned it as well as my car. I would work longer hours with less time for me to live in exchange of borrowing to own items that cannot give me pure joy. All that work, for a house and car. Yay me. My move overseas was a financial move. I'm actually making money and owning items. Here it's not "implied" wealth; it is wealth. I had to get over what I've been told so many years that " buying a house and a car meant that you've made it" because it was a lie. It was debt slavery and this slave wanted to be free.
November 10 at 6:38pm · Unlike ·  2

Krystal Hampton I cannot see the world working 60 plus hours a day with only two weeks of vacation. I cannot try new things if most of my time I'm in the office working. I cannot wear clothes that I want to wear or say politically incorrect things because I'm around my coworkers and things that I say may be used against me later. Things that I want to wear can prohibit a promotion. I because of that I cannot have an opinion nor an emotion other than pseudo happy....despite I may dislike something. I couldn't live like that for the remainder of my life. If I would have stayed home and kept my house and my car and worked all of those hours; when I finally looked around at my life I probably would have wondered...where did my life go? what did i do with my life that i can take with me? Is this really how i wanted my life to be?
November 10 at 6:47pm · Unlike ·  5

Cha Jones Girl......PREACH!!!!
November 10 at 8:50pm · Like

Eve Teacha' REALLY --- NONE!!!!!! I feared the FOOD --- but, I cook --- and, I knew that I could overcome that "obstacle". Besides the fear of the food ----- I had no other serious concerns, because I KNEW that this was what I needed to do with my life, and I trusted that GOD would take care of any small "issues" I may experience along the way.
November 11 at 1:54pm · Like ·  1

Kim Tae-Hee ditto Eve! i cook everything esp being Vegan. Its always a challenge living abroad but I adapt and ... slim down! lol!
November 11 at 2:22pm · Like ·  1
Ms. Cha Jones (Seoul)