How has living abroad changed what you knew to be true about yourself?

How has living abroad changed what you knew to be true about yourself?

chajones
Administrator
Kendra Corley That I can adapt in any environment.
November 10 at 9:50pm · Like

Eve Teacha' I have realized that I am WAYYYYYYY more social than I EVER thought I was. I LOVE to spend time alone. However, being in another country has shown me that I REALLY CHERISH my close relationships and friendships. I didn't realize HOW MUCH I NEED to have very close relationships with people until spending 6 months here alone. I have ALWAYS lived with someone --- ALL OF MY LIFE. First my family ---- then my boyfriend ---- then my husband and family. These past two years have been the first time that I've ever lived ALONE. Again --- I LOVE my alone time. BUT ---- I MISS my family and close friends MUCH MORE than I ever imagined I would. I KNEW that I would miss everyone. However --- I didn't know that I would miss them THIS MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLLLL ;)
November 11 at 1:48pm · Like ·  2

Jessica Fry That I can adapt and still stay true to who I am!
November 11 at 1:55pm via mobile · Like ·  3

Kim Tae-Hee Ditto Jessica!
November 11 at 1:58pm · Like

Terrell Pasley Agree with Jessica Fry, although who I am evolves slightly each time I adapt.
November 12 at 9:15am · Like
Ms. Cha Jones (Seoul)