How do you handle keeping your health and weight in check living abroad?

How do you handle keeping your health and weight in check living abroad?

chajones
Administrator
Original question from FB:

Andrea Tee
I have always been a pretty health conscious person. Juicing veggies, baking, exercising. However, my weight sometimes fluctuates during high stress moments. I live in the Western region of Abu Dhabi where there are no personal trainers, huge sports clubs, etc. but I have a treadmill and I discovered a great track that I jog everyday. How have you ladies, kept your weight/health in check being overseas? Have you noticed portion sizes are different in your host country?

ANSWERS:
Trecia Em Here, the food culture is very different. Everything in this country is a group project, including eating food. It has taken a while to finally admit that I need to have certain foods (I wanted to eat like a local initially) so I've ordered...
See More
December 1 at 10:59pm · Like ·  2

Andrea Tee Good for you. Going to check out iherb.com now. I am a supplement junky. I brought so many vitamins with me and glad I did. WIth lack of sleep, round the clocking working and high stress environment, I know it's been the vitamins and the good Lord keeping me.
December 1 at 11:43pm · Like ·  1
Ms. Cha Jones (Seoul)

Re: How do you handle keeping your health and weight in check living abroad?

yokotempie
Back home I'm a pretty strict vegan but i've had to make adjustments when eating out or at school and my body isn't liking it too much. I've invested in an oven and blender to enhance my at home cooking experience.

 I also miss my pole fitness classes, which were a big source of my exercise. But the walking to work and public transit have helped me lose 10lbs in the last 3 months so I guess I'm doing pretty good.